MAKEUP.. YAY OR NAY?

By Simi - Thursday, May 04, 2017

 This thought has been tugging on the sleeves of my brain for quite awhile now."Simi write na"," Simi write jor" " Okay, I've heard" (My little mind convo)
          So I've met with people who are vehemently against the use of makeup,(probably because of the way people misuse or overuse it these days)...I've met people who are so in love with its usage that the combination of foundation, concealer,powder and the remaining "workers" have become like a second skin to them. I've also met people  who are not crazy about makeup, neither are they against its usage.
To me,makeup is an art, a very good one sef,meant to enhance one's beauty, I repeat "enhance" and not "switch" somebody from squidwed to Rihanna in minutes.
Some of these lovelies are natural beautiful but when other people see them without these "switchers" on, they term them to be "fuglies" because they're  always seen on the "m" word. 
       I hail all makeup artists, their dexterity amazes me.They've become a god on their own for their ability to transform beings.Chai!! Much love from my side though.
         Sincerely, I like makeup.When I was younger I always wanted to be a makeup artist( everyone is a makeup artist now sef, as long as you can draw brows and apply lipstick), but I outgrew it.Infact ehn,I like a perfect makeup but I don't like transformation. Let me be the Simi everyone knows,just some enhancements here and there to brighten my face,Viola!! I'm good to go.Not the one that people would  start looking for me when I'm right in front of them( You get that feeling shey?) So I'd say I fall under the 3rd group of people who are neither crazy about makeup nor are against it.
    Now to those who are vehemently against the use of makeup.Sisters why?( To the brothers too) Don't you know white powder and lipgloss are still under the makeup family, it's just that they have minimal effect on the face unlike the "switchers". If you don't like makeup at all(even ordinary filling the brows) remember whitepowder and lipgloss are related to the " m" word and don't condemn people that use them.
      Before I carry my troublesome self away, makeup is a yay for me but overusing or misusing it is a nay for me
      Dear lovelies, learn to allow your faces breath and appreciate the naturally, beautifully and well sculptured oval,round, square and heart-shaped faces God placed on our bodies
      By the way,I've heard guys prefer naturally beautiful faces not makeup faces. How true is this sef?

                  Musings😎

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments