MY INSPIRATION

By Simi - Monday, July 03, 2017

We've gotten accustomed to this saying"Have a handiwork ".A few years back,people saw having a handiwork as a sign of being poor,they saw it as something meant for people who couldn't get into the corporate world.
     Now ehn, the tables have turned o. People now want to have one thing or the other doing with their hands.
    In one of my previous posts, I wrote about how I wanted to be a makeup artist when I was younger. This feeling was spurred by DEBORAH TOM (Sena of SENABRUSHOVER). Mehn...I followed her up o. Being my brother's friend,I had the opportunity to speak to her once or twice. She started off while still in the University of Lagos and as an icing to her red velvet, she studied Engineering (Yasss, Engineering). She's now a full blown makeup artist.Her dexterity amazes me.
But I've gotten over my want to become a makeup artist (Sena I still love you o). Maybe my love for her made me want to venture into makeup artistry😏😏
       Guess what???.. Something else has come up (It's not really a new flare because I've always loved things related to it).It's DRESSMAKING/ FASHION DESIGNING. I've always loved ankara prints, lace fabrics and beautiful wears(every lady loves beautiful wears sha) but mine was......(words can't describe😒😒.I could sit and start joining pieces of materials in my head. I loved..( scratch that....) I love unique designs but I was limited in a way.
    People saw dressmaking as something that should be done by illiterates. ( Something one Iya Muniru or Iya Bomboy would do). Only recently did people start catching the flame of dress making.
There's a particular dressmaker that has made me want to become a dressmaker all the more. She even happens to be one of Sena's close friends She's SERAH KASSIM of SK by SERAHKASSIM.
Boy!!! You need to see her dresses.They  are perfecttt!!!(I'm not exaggerating)... (So you know, I love love Serah kassim)
    Now when this duo (of SENA and SERAH KASSIM) come together,( you know what that means). They give this picture-perfect precision.A well served face in a stunning dress ( What more could a woman ask for😱😱)
     "This is the end of my story"....
I'm definitely gonna become a dressmaker (watchout for me).The ideas I can't put in writing would be converted into making dresses and designing clothes.
  Bottom line is learn how to make things with your hands: shoemaking, dressmaking, makeup artistry; the list is endless. Everything shouldn't be about books ( school is paramount though)

            ***********
I hope you didn't see me as a confused being, switching from my love for makeup to dressmaking,it happens..lol
The dressmaking part had always been there, It was only waiting to be ignited.
      What do you think you can venture into and who's your inspiration??? Drop your comments guys
P.S.   SENA'S IG HANDLE IS    senabrushover
       SERAH KASSIM'S IG HANDLE IS.   serahkassim
Check them out!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. As for me o i want to venture into Ankara bag making, in fact everything that has to do with Ankara (tote bags, bangles earrings shoes) the list goes on and sadly i don't have an inspiration for nowπŸ˜₯ but with time I'll find someone I'm sure... Nice post dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. Bby girl, the fire is already burning..Don't quench it, Start from somewhere (Your creativity will make way for you)πŸ’žπŸ’ž

      Delete
  2. Awwww Simi. Thank you so much girl 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaayyyy...πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ..You're welcomeπŸ’žπŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete