LEGO HOUSE #1

By Simi - Sunday, August 20, 2017

"Lima, Lima, Lima!!" shouted Gozie, bringing me out of my reverie
"Err..Yess!!" I responded, unsure of what she had said earlier.
"What were you thinking about?, 'cos I was asking you about your plans for school tomorrow and when I noticed you were in your own world,I had to start shouting your name" She said laying emphasis on 'your own' and looking at me with curious eyes.
"Well,I...Err...Uhm...I dunno what I was thinking about" I sighed
   

Gozie had a way of making me look stupid (for a good cause though). She was my best friend ( I never really had friends until her). She was also excellent at forcing the truth out of me
  

"So,for close to 5 minutes, you lost control of your brain" she deadpanned
"See Gozie, I don't think I'd be going for classes tomorrow" I tried to change the topic.
Gozie smiled as she sat close to me on the bed. Pulling me into her arms, she said," Lima, you don't have to act smart with me,it's very obvious you're trying to change the topic "
 

A good way of reminding me that she was 4 years older

I rolled my eyes beneath my bowed head
" Don't you roll your eyes at me" she said sounding so much like a mother " I know something is bothering you again, Lima and I'd  really appreciate if you tell me about it. I won't be at peace knowing my best friend is constantly going to be losing control of her brain" She said causing me to smile at her last statement.
"Ohh, Gozie" I said as I pulled out of her arms " I see him every night....... for the past two weeks, I think I'm losing it" I said with fearful eyes.
She studied me for awhile before she asked " Lima, what did you do after waking up those times ?"
"Do?" I asked, confusion marring my face
"Yes, do" she answered
" Nothing" I said
" What happened to prayer, Lima?"
" The devil has different ways of putting fear in the hearts of children of God, yours is by using your past to haunt you. Why didn't you give it back to Him through prayer?" She said thoughtfully.
" Plus I noticed you've been skipping Bible study and prayer meetings since last week. Another tool the devil uses"
"I'm weak, Gozie" I said collapsing into her arms once again.
" Lima love" she said resting her jaw on my head as she held me "Why don't we engage in a strengthening prayer?"
I looked up at her with grateful eyes " Yes, we should, Thank you Gozie"

What would I have done without Gozie in my life, I thought

As if she sensed my thought, she said " Christ is your help,Lima. Don't forget that"
This girl is psychic, I smiled to myself.
We held hands and prayed after which I felt extremely relieved, surprisingly.
" I hope you don't plan to skip classes tomorrow, I know you're efiwe but still don't miss your classes tomorrow " She said as she began looking for the shoe to wear to match her multicolored shift dress

This girl's fashion sense is something else. I'm a novice in fashion where Gozie is concerned

"No, ma" I replied mockingly
She glanced back at me with a satisfied smile on her face "Better" she said as she walked out of the room

  ************
Hi guys. I'm super excited about writing this story🙌🙌... I would be posting at least one episode every week till I'm done...
I'm so loving Gozie's personality😏😏...
Quick reminder; 1)we're new beings in Christ 2) Prayer works
Have a blissful day😘😘
                           

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments