IF LOVE IS HER

By Simi - Friday, October 06, 2017

Still got the love notes attached to the flowers you always sent
The bottles of perfume you bought me
Still got the empty box of chocolates you last sent
The memories of the times you had with me
I hear your voice in every sound
Obsession?

No, I'm not obsessed
They're all reminders of how deep I fell
It's hard to tell
But I miss you
Each time I saw her with you
My waterfalls went in fluxes
As the days went by,
Hoping you'd come back
I got drowned in my tide of emotions
Hanging from the gallows of heartache and desertion
Your spiders spun webs of weakness around me
Now I'm lost between my strings
And I've got the courage to say I'm moving on

I realised some things are not meant to be That "we" weren't it
And that love doesn't always have a happy end
You both seem to be in love
If love is her, I love you

*****
This goes out to people struggling with heartbreak
Moving on might seem hard, but it's the best you could give yourself in that kinda situation. Surround yourself with people who you know can help you and more importantly Christ is there for you.

Love,
Dassah

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments