LEGO HOUSE #3

By Simi - Saturday, October 07, 2017

           MEETING GOZIE 2
So we spoke over pizza and bottles of fruit juice. I gave mostly one word answers to her questions.

"It was nice meeting you Lima, it's been awhile since I met someone who had similar perspectives about things" she said whilst sipping her juice.

I only smiled in response. Girl!!! Don't you get it?? I'm not gonna be friends with you.

"I'd be seeing you around right?" She asked almost immediately.
"I dunno yet", I replied.
" It's no biggie, here's my number " She said as she began scribbling on a small piece of paper "You could call me if you want to hangout or talk or even if you need info about anything" She said sliding the paper over to my side of the table.

"Thanks for lunch" I said as I pushed my chair backward and stood. Taking the piece of paper from the table and smiling genuinely at her for the first time "I really appreciate....Gozie".

I've never been a believer of fate.It's always more practical to believe that you carve your own way in life than think that some cosmic spell is responsible for you failing or acing that GST test. But sometimes, it's clear that certain things are out of your control and that no matter how hard you try, you'd just have to bend.

Take for example, the fact that I never wanted to have Gozie as my friend or have friends in general was what I set my mind to. I just wanted to breeze in and out of University. The trio of relationship, friendship and love left traumatic footprints in my life and I wasn't willing to go down again..Ever!!

Two weeks after the completion of my clearance, freshers were assigned to certain students from 200l in preparation for our orientation week. We were to report to them each day for a period of one week and our attendance were to be taken. Not meeting with them could deter us from partaking in the orientation week and further deter us from matriculating. Chigozie happened to be part of the 200l students we were to be assigned to and I turned out to be in her group. Could I call that fate?

" So much for the nice girl" I thought to myself as I saw her approach the part of the hall where we (her group members) were seated.

"Did you have this planned?" I asked as she took slow strides to my seat.
"Planned?" She asked, unable to quell her laugh "I just got to know about the freshers I'd be handling the same time you got to know about me being your group leader!"
"Ohh!! Okay..So, what's next?" I asked in embarrassment
"You guys would have to assemble in this hall by 4pm today, as instructed by Prof. Martins ,then you'd know what next " She replied casually.

So fate intervened and I began liking her beyond my will. She practically helped me out throughout my 100l, cracked the wall I built around myself and became my best friend.
Fate gave me faith in friendship (Just Gozie and Myra) and the ride so far was good until an hitch decided to rear it's ugly head.

       **********
The concluding part of 'Meeting Gozie'.. Lego house #4 would be up soon..
Don't forget to share and comment..😘😘

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments