A Christmas Tale

By Simi - Tuesday, December 26, 2017

This day, 26th December 2017
Pondering on the former things
Yesterday, I would say still
The massacre of my soul
Bloody excesses spilled and they allowed it flow
Continuous pounding of my ego
Which they fed on to grow theirs
Ohh! I forgot to add the dismembering of my parts
My! My! I was seasoned with hate
Placed in a pot filled with rage
I sizzled in pain
I was made to look good
A delicacy that brought praises to their efforts

This day, 26th December 2017
I realized I was worth more than their words
An undiscovered treasure waiting to be sought
Deep down, bursting with enthusiasm
I'd let my past go with this season
I count the fingers on my right hand and I see five
Five more days to a fresh start

This day, 26th December 2017
My mind's made up never to be the least
Knowing my fresh start gives me 365 opportunities
This day,
My mind's made up to be great.

                                        Musings

*********************
Merry Christmas everyone ( even though it's coming a day late).. Let's remember Christ is the reason for the season. One more thing, don't be dejected if you couldn't achieve all you wanted to for this year..2018 awaits your blast!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments